HPE Growth is an established European growth investor that focuses on growth capital investments into fast growing technology companies throughout Northwestern Europe. HPE invests in growth-stage businesses that have shaken off the risks associated with early, venture-type investments and have the option to leverage their proven technology internationally. HPE covers sectors including FinTech, SaaS, Digital Health and Consumer Internet.
By bringing in additional equity and active support, HPE acts as a catalyst to expansion and enables portfolio companies to execute on their vision of securing market leadership. Typically, HPE aims to deploy about EUR 10 to 40 million in equity per transaction for a meaningful minority position. Portfolio investments include companies such as PPRO, Tiqets, EGYM, Uberall and WeTransfer.
HPE has an exceptionally strong team culture and prides itself on being fair, honest, respectful and ambitious for itself, its employees and its portfolio companies. The team has diverse backgrounds with international experience in Investing (General Atlantic, TPG), Finance (Morgan Stanley, ING) and Operations (Walt Disney) and a global network supported through its regional offices in Amsterdam (HQ), Düsseldorf and San Francisco. HPE is an independent firm backed by strong institutional names and a growing global reach.
We are looking for exceptional people who will be encouraged to take on significant responsibility and will:
• Contribute and assist in all aspects of the deal flow and investment process: from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, deal execution, and closing
• Meet and network with exceptional entrepreneurs and attend industry-leading events
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses as part of our deal evaluation efforts (including building financial models and technical valuation analysis)
• Map and research emerging spaces across target geographies to identify attractive markets
• Actively support existing portfolio companies including follow-on investments and preparing for exits
• Actively monitor and analyze key monthly metrics for the investment portfolio
• Monitor, research and develop intelligence and investment themes on emerging trends and disruptive companies
• A genuine passion for technology companies and growth investing in Europe is a must as you will contribute significantly to the sourcing of new deal opportunities
• At least 2-4 years of professional working experience across a combination of among others any of the following industries: banking, strategy consulting, growth investing or scale-up experience
• Exceptional record of academic achievement from a highly regarded institution
• You are a humble team player with an entrepreneurial mindset, a hands-on working attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Strong business judgment, strategic thinking, and analytical skills
• Self-starter, needs little guidance and takes ownership
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
• Strong technical Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to work well under deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
• Strong attention to detail along with organization and follow-through skills
• High level of energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to success, transparency, and shared responsibilities