HPE Growth is an established European growth investor that focuses on growth capital investments into fast growing technology companies throughout Northwestern Europe. HPE invests in growth-stage businesses that have shaken off the risks associated with early, venture-type investments and have the option to leverage their proven technology internationally. HPE covers sectors including FinTech, SaaS, Digital Health and Consumer Internet.
By bringing in additional equity and active support, HPE acts as a catalyst to expansion and enables portfolio companies to execute on their vision of securing market leadership. Typically, HPE aims to deploy about EUR 10 to 40 million in equity per transaction for a meaningful minority position. Portfolio investments include companies such as PPRO, Tiqets, EGYM, Uberall and WeTransfer.
HPE has an exceptionally strong team culture and prides itself on being fair, honest, respectful and ambitious for itself, its employees and its portfolio companies. The team has diverse backgrounds with international experience in Investing (General Atlantic, TPG), Finance (Morgan Stanley, ING) and Operations (Walt Disney) and a global network supported through its regional offices in Amsterdam (HQ), Düsseldorf and San Francisco. HPE is an independent firm backed by strong institutional names and a growing global reach.
As the ESG & Impact Manager you will support the Head of ESG and HPE as a whole in managing ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) and IMM (Impact Measurement Management). Your main role will be to assess and manage ESG & Impact for our portfolio management.
- Maintenance and where needed improvement of the ESG & Impact framework
- Identify and track ESG goals at portfolio companies
- Maintenance of the ESG & Impact toolkit for investment managers
- Overseeing and coordinating the (semi-) annual ESG & Impact reporting
- Overseeing the quarterly reporting on this topic and ensuring the quality of the content
- Center of expertise, ensuring knowledge is disseminated to the Investment Managers and participating in external events or workshops occasionally (2-3 times per year)
- Overseeing that deal teams provide sufficient and good quality attention to ESG & Impact matters during DD, in IMs, and other internal and external reports
- Develop and manage the database of ESG & Impact results across all portfolios, ensuring a good ESG & Impact data set ‘mineable’ for various purposes
- Monitoring, assessing and overseeing the regulatory framework in relation to SFDR and certain certifications such as B-Corp and UNPRI
- Represent the firm in sector-level initiatives and conferences related to ESG & IMM
- Support the firm in fundraising processes and investor relations related to ESG & IMM
- One to four years of professional experience related to ESG & IMM, relevant study experience in the topic is a plus
- Strong analytical, data management, and modeling skills, proficiency in Excel and similar tools
- Expertise in financial inclusion and/or social performance management is a strong plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for making a contribution to the HPE organization as a whole and in relation to ESG & IMM
What we offer
- A motivating and dynamic team culture and office environment
- Room for personal and professional growth including professional coaching classes
- Market competitive compensation
- Be part of a success story